CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Football




Football season is a fun one around our house. I didn't grow up with older brothers or a dad that was a sports fanatic. So, needless to say I don't know much about sports, but with a teenage son I'm quickly learning. I have to take crash courses on football each week when Kade has a game. And I must admit it's more complicated than it appears. Most of you will laugh, but I didn't realized it had such strategy. I didn't realize they planned out their plays. I just thought they flew by the seat of their pants and did whatever they could in the heat of the moment. :) I'm starting to learn each players role in the game, and that where they stand in a play defines what position they are playing. And although I don't know squat about sports I enjoy watching Kade play. And, I know I'm his mother who knows nothing about sports, but I think he's pretty darn good. This week he earned "the hammer", which is given to the MVP of the game.
The two sports Kade enjoys the most are football and wrestling. And although I love to watch him, sometimes it's hard. Football is brutal. Right now his thumb nail is bruised, his bottom thumb knuckles are twice their original size, he's bruised up and down his arms, his ankle hurts and the list goes on and on. And when wrestling season comes I hold my breath the whole time he's wrestling as it looks like he's being choked out and is fighting for air. I'm glad he loves it....I guess?

8 comments:

Bran said...

Is Aaron suprised that you didn't know that much about it until now? That's funny. I'm sure that Kade loves every minute of it even with all of the bruises etc. I can't wait until my boys start getting into the pads, they already want to so we better watch out. Boys are wierd, I've never understood their propensity for violence. Oh well,love 'em anyway.

Aly said...

Hey Leslie,

I just found your blog as a link on Kellie's. I'm excited to see what's happening with your family! We're coming to Utah for Thanksgiving and Nick's wedding. Hopefully we'll get to meet little Zac then. Love, Aly

Herd of Sheps said...

Yea! Way to go Kaden!! Sis, we will forgive you about your sheer lack of knowledge, we know you struggle! TOTALLY KIDDING!! I have no clue about sports either but am sure that with 3 boys, I will have to learn too, so just take good notes for me. What kills me is scouting, I have no idea about all of that: merrit badges, skill sign offs, etc. Oh, the list goes on. It's all fun though. I am proud of Kaden, he is such a good boy. Fun post sis!!

Barney Family said...

Leslie,

Hey I found your blog from Aly's. She said that all the girls from high school had gotten together, so I wanted to check out the pictures-- oh I wished I lived closer. It seems like it has been such a long time since I have seen anyone. I am coming in town over Christmas, it would be fun to get together. my email is kelliebarney@hotmail.com

I can't believe Kaden is so big and already playing football. He looks just like his dad.

Congrats on the new baby! I had seen a few pictures from Kellie's blog!

Kellie

The Burke Family said...

Hey Leslie How are you? I found you on Kellie's blog.Did you finally give in to this blogging world that we are all getting sucked into JK!! Your kids are so CUTE and they are getting so big! I hope everything is going good for you!

Charlie and JD said...

I just laugh everytime I see Kade! He is just how I remenber Aaron in High School. I had a great time at the cabin! Can't wait for our Chirstmas get together!
love, Char

Anonymous said...

Leslie- it's Debi Lyman. I can't believe how big Kaden is! I seriously remember holding him just after he was born! WOW! I wouldn't expect anything but a great football player- with a dad like Aaron! I'll check back often- take care!

Nate and Steph Hughes said...

Hey Aaron, Leslie and Family,

Found your blog on the SF class of 95 site. Hope you guys are doing well! It's been a real long time since we've see you guys. Aaron, I see you're as yoked as ever. If you get a chance, come down this Thanksgiving and play some football with a bunch of SF alumni. We're playing under the lights at the Charter School. 6 pm on the 26th. Check out our link: www.sfturkeybowl.blogspot.com. Hope to catch up a bit.

Nate